The Maine Fire Service Institute is the State Fire Training Agency responsible for providing National Fire Academy training programs to Maine’s Emergency First Responders under both Federal and State of Maine Law. Title 20-A, §9003: State agents for federal programs (mainelegislature.org) Maine Fire Service Institute offers National Fire Academy endorsed courses at several locations around the State of Maine and are financially supported by the National Fire Academy Fire Training Grant.
The following are a list of courses that may be requested and delivered in your area. Contact us for more information.
National Fire Academy Courses
- Incident Safety Officers
- Health & Safety Program Manager
- Preparations for Initial Company Operations
- Preparation for Initial Company Operations
- Decision Making for Initial Company Operations
- Strategy and Tactics for Initial Company Operations
- Juvenile Firesetters Intervention
- Best Practices in Community Risk Reduction
- Leadership in supervision series:
- Professional Growth
- Perspectives in Thinking
- Frameworks to Success
The National Fire Academy sends instructors to Maine twice a year, typically in March and September for two-day off campus courses. MFSI also applies each year for a six day NFA instate delivery in FEMA Region #1.
For more information, please visit the National Fire Academy website at National Fire Academy (fema.gov)