This year’s Maine State Weekend Registration has passed. Please be on the lookout for the 2019 registration!
We hope you have the opportunity to join us this year! The education you receive from experienced instructors, the networking with fellow students, and the sharing of collegial experiences is the success behind the Maine State Weekend program. We will be joined by our colleagues from Florida and Indiana this year.
MFSI and Maine State Weekend staff look forward to working together with them to provide a great educational experience for 240 students.
There are 3 new, and 2 updated courses among the 8 being offered this year.
- (W0762) NEW FIRE CHIEF III: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES (NEW)
- (W0636) BUILDING ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT FOR COMMUNITY RISK REDUCTION (NEW)
- (W0646) LEADERSHIP IN SUPERVISION: CREATING ENVIRONMENTS FOR PROFESSIONAL GROWTH (NEW)
- (W0457) DECISION MAKING FOR INITIAL COMPANY OPERATIONS
- (W0349) FIRE SERVICE SAFETY CULTURE: WHO PROTECTS FIREFIGHTERS FROM FIREFIGHTERS
- (W0610) WILDLAND URBAN INTERFACE FIREFIGHTING FOR THE STRUCTURAL COMPANY OFFICER
- (W0549) EMERGENCY RESPONSE TO TERRORISM: STRATEGIC & TACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR SUPERVISORS (Updated)
- (W0290) TRAINING OPERATIONS IN SMALL DEPARTMENTS
The MSW program began March 1987 and has served over 3100 Maine firefighters and EMS personnel at the NFA over the years. The program continues to strengthen and enhance the emergency service community, as it meets the needs of fire and rescue departments throughout our states.
Registration & Information
REGISTRATION FEE: $140 ~ This includes a Meal Card valid from Friday night dinner thru lunch on Sunday; a Pub Pass; your lodging; and also a Polo Shirt.
IMPORTANT: You will need one of the following to get on the NFA campus. Passport or Passport Card; Federal PIV (Personal Identity Verification) Card; Military ID (Active, Retired, Reserve, Civilian Employee); or TWIC (Transportation Worker’s Identification) Card. A Maine Driver’s License will not be excepted for ID!
You will be issued an NFA Photo Identification Badge that must be worn at all times and presented to security upon return to campus.
ARRIVAL TIME: You are required to arrive at the National Fire Academy between 3:00-5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 1, 2018 for registration. If you are unable to arrive between these hours, please call me, Jason Wheeler, at (207) 229-2466, or direct to NFA at (301) 447-1048 and a message will be delivered to MSW staff.
State Weekend Program
- Orientation: Friday night at 7:00 p.m. You MUST attend.
- Marc Bellefeuille MSW Scholarship Award: A name will be drawn at Orientation. The recipient will be reimbursed their Registration Fee for the weekend.
- Memorial Service: Saturday afternoon staff and students are welcome to participate in a memorial service to honor all fallen Firefighters who have died in the Line of Duty. This ceremony is held on campus at the National Fallen Firefighters’ Memorial.
If you are flying down, you will need to arrange for your own transportation from the airport to the National Fire Academy. NETC/NFA no longer provides ground transportation to and from the airport. However, you still need to submit your flight itinerary with your registration. If your flight is delayed, call the NFA Office (304) 447-1113 immediately. Thank you.
For More Information
For more information about the Maine State Weekend contact:
We look forward to having you join us this year!
~Jason E. Wheeler, MSW Coordinator